June 27, 2016
We out here!
Not sure how long we napped though?
Feeling rested and inspired!
Since June 5th our journey has taken us to unexpected places throughout the country. Funds may be low, but our FUN is not!
Some highlights: Almond butter and toast are Anna’s new staple food and sketching everyday has become a priority. Along with toast, we joined Cantine’s Island Community for a juggle, a painting, and a potluck in Saugerties, NY. By the time we hit Philly, Ella Milkwren (Sarah Milkwoski Dalgren) and Zakariah Bigelow had joined the squad and we made our way south to Richmond, VA.
While we were in town I taught 3 yoga classes, 2 at rehabilitation centers, and 1 at Brewer’s Cafe. House show after house show, we were hosted by The B+B, home of Maya Walters, a talented musician, and by The Bainbridge Collective, an eclectic artist collective that hosts touring musicians, and is run by a sweet woman named Bentley. She is a loving mother, a full-time nanny, and gives the rest of her seemingly endless energy to running her ship and caring for those she invites into her home. They both showed us serious love and hospitality and we have so much appreciation for their kindness. Mother Moses, Drones, PT Burnem, and Georgie Isaacs were some top notch performers and busking in Carytown was a blast! Our travels brought us to rivers where we could swim naked, to circus class where we learned acrobatics on silks, to the Foundation skatepark where graffiti covered the land, and to a contra dance where faces smiled and bodies twirled with joy in Asheville, NC.
Raleigh, NC was where we said goodbye to our friends Sarah and Zak as they headed off on their own adventures. The City Soul Cafe community in Raleigh, NC was a supportive and welcoming place to listen and share poetry.
Twelve hour bus rides further down south led us to gas station restrooms, bags of chips, neck pain, and solitude. We explored acro yoga on the sidewalk in Atlanta, GA and India House Hostel was a special safe haven for us once we reached New orleans, LA. A loving open hearted home in Austin, TX hosted a tea party pajama themed house show for us, which ended with a snuggle pile.
- Anna’s phone was stolen
- and she got the flu.
- Lilly the dog and Anna’s grandpa died
- and she lost her driver’s license in a tornado.
- Anna also saw her first blood splatter on the streets of New Orleans!
- Bishop( a man released from prison) emptied Myles’ pockets.
- We held a chicken and a hedgehog
- We were denied entry to a public library because our backpacks were fat.
- and EVERYONE got the shits!
To be continued ~*~
Sticker mirror at Strange Matter in Richmond, VA
Devils Bathtub in Duffield, VA
Art.Poetry.Yoga Tour: Adventures of Anna & Myles
- Portland, ME
- 6/3- First Friday Artwalk: Congress St. 5-8pm
- 6/4- B.Good Restaurant: Exchange St. 7-9pm
- New York, NY
- 6/7- Yoga at Hope House
- 6/7- Yoga at Thinking for a change
- Richmond, VA
- 6/11- Slam Richmond Youth: 0 E. 4th Street 8:30-10pm
- 6/12- Yoga at Rubicon Rehab
- 6/14- Bainbridge Collective Show: 1300 Bainbridge 8-11pm
- 6/16- B&B house show- 1117 W Leigh St 9pm-12am
- Asheville, NC
- Raleigh, NC
- 6/22- City Soul Cafe
- Atlanta, GA
- New Orleans, LA
- – India House Hostel
- Austin, TX
- 6/26- House Show 8-10pm
- 6/28 Poetry Slam- Spiderhouse 8-10pm
- Pinos Altos, NM
- Sun City West, AZ
- Long Beach, CA
- San Francisco, CA
- 7/5- Fixed Freedom 8-10pm
- Nevada City, CA
- 7/7-7/12- Full Circle Garden Solutions
- Tahoe, CA
- 7/15- 7-17- Wanderlust Festival
- Ashland, OR
- Seattle, WA
- 7/22- 7/24-Cascadia festival
Anna Welch & Myles Bullen are out on a quest seeking
communities to bring their creativity to!
What are they up to??
* Collaborative Art Making*Teaching Yoga*Painting Murals*Performing Spoken Word Poetry*getting their hands dirty Farming* and bringing Playful Spirit to your Community!!
How can you support Anna & Myles as they travel around the world doing what they love?
Anna Welch will be creating Art in every city that they visit on tour, at the end of the day she will post a picture of the piece of art and auction it off via facebook. Anna has a vast variety of art available here
Myles Bullen will be promoting his new album “Every flower in the meadow belongs” as well as performing, teaching writing workshops, creating poetry books, and teaching yoga in addiction recovery centers
If you want a piece of “The Adventures of Anna & Myles” Buy Some Art! Download an Album! Subscribe to “Give Some Love” Make a request for a custom Poem and Painting! We would love to hear from you!
subscribe to Myles Bullen’s campaign and support through: Give Some Love
Find us on facebook:
Payment can be made via Paypal, facebook, email or direct deposit
message us with any questions about how you can support our wild adventure!